Monday, April 21, 2008

"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"


Just now I was showing Lexi a picture of Cory O'Bryant holding little Tiger. I pointed at Tiger and said "Who's that?" to which she signed "Baby!", which is what she's been calling him. I made up a sign name for Tiger, since he's no longer a little baby, really, and certainly won't be when he's 2, 3, 4, 18, etc. So I pointed at him and signed "that's Baby Tiger". I then pointed at Cory and said "Who's that?" to which she correctly signed "Uncle Cory (Uncle C)". So I went back to Tiger, pointed at him and said "Who's that?". She signed "Baby". I said "Baby... what?" hoping for the response "Baby Tiger". Instead I got "Baby Brother". Uh-oh. Now I'm wondering if when we've been pointing out all the new blue clothes and blankets and bedding for Baby Brother, she's been thinking we just really really like Tiger and we're giving him a whole bunch of stuff. Oh, and it's his fault my stomach is huge. Very interesting...

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ha! That's funny...