Saturday, April 19, 2008

Second project done!

Yesterday Sharon (Wayne's mom) was nice enough to help me make the curtains for Lexi's two little windows. Because of their unique size, it was impossible to buy ready-made curtains, especially blackout ones. So I bought the same curtains we have up on her big window, and a big blackout curtain to hem down, and Sharon helped me literally every step of the way (I'm so lame, I have no idea how to sew) to make them. They look really simple, but I can't believe I actually got a sewing project done! Again, I couldn't have done it without Sharon, so big big THANK YOU to her. Now my two priority projects are done. So... the baby is supposed to come now, right? I need another project to pass the time, I think. It was suggested that I paint the other three walls in Nameless Baby's room the lightest blue from the dots, and I'd love to do that, but I think I should give myself a break for at least a couple of weeks before I dive into another big thing. I already have a flower stencil and stencil paint, so I may stencil-paint a flower border along the bottom of Lexi's big blackout shade. That should occupy me for a bit...

New Curtains

Here are a few pictures of my simple little curtains. I think they're pretty cool... for me.

2 comments:

Korbie said...

I especially liked how you got Wayne's backside in those pictures.. a little payback maybe for Lexi's web cam video!!

Lizzie said...

You know it!