Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lexie's first day of school!


First note: Lexie's teacher spelled her name with an "ie" instead of just an "i", and I think it looks way cuter. We're going to have to do it that way from now on...

This morning we got up and while we got ready we watched the "School" Signing Time dvd. So when it was time to go and I told Lexie she was going to "School", she was so excited! When we got there, she got to put her coat and her backpack on her very own hook, labelled with her name and everything! Very grown up... Basically I just dropped her off and got the heck out of there, because her teacher said that's the best way to avoid tears, and it worked like a charm. When I picked her up, her teacher said she went straight into playing and didn't look back. At the end of the day, she seemed a little worn out, I think it was a whole lot of "new", but she still seemed to like school. In fact, she kept signing "school" over and over as I tried to usher her out the door. Tomorrow she will take the van to school instead of me driving her. This will be nice for me, as they'll be picking her up at 8:20 and dropping her off a little before noon. I think she'll really like driving with all the kids as well.

Sorry this post is so clunky, I ran a bunch of errands while she was at school, too many in fact, and now my poor body is completely wiped out, and it feels like it's taking my mind with it...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats, Lexie! I'm glad her first day of school went well --and that you don't have to drive! That's gotta save you a lot of time (trust you me, it will) and when the baby comes, I'm betting you'll like it even more. :)

Mindy Sue O'Bryant said...

What a big kid! She looks so cute with her backpack and you can totally tell from the pictures that she loves it. The best part... Mommy free time!

Unknown said...

“I tried to take what lv handbag had done at replica louis vuitton handbags and then kind of flip it in my head, and make it lv work for Stephen, not Stephen’s work for Vuitton,” Jacobs said. “I just felt it was a funny way to play with it, to pretend to be louis vuitton handbags for a bit, and use the work that he did, and then bring it back to the work that he did before I collaborated with him.” – Marc Jacobs
The new louis vuitton bags and Rose collection coincided with the Stephen Sprouse retrospective called “Rock on Mars” at Deitch Projects’ 18 Wooster Street gallery from Jan. 8 to Feb. 28, and “The Stephen Sprouse Book,” by Roger Padilha and Mauricio Padilha, due out from louis vuitton New York on February 1.

Unknown said...

hermes handbag
is fabricated of actual durable, orange-colored affection flannel. Vintage Hermes accoutrements may appear with a tan velour 35 birkin
that has a altered design. All Birkins appear with the orange hermes replica
.
Many humans anticipate Coach Outlet
are too big-ticket to buy. Pink Coach Hamptons
is conceivably one of the beautiful accessories of adapted a part of adolescent women. It is difficult to access bargain Coach Gallery
. But do you apperceive why Coach Legacyare so expensive?