Saturday, April 12, 2008

Baby's Room Project Update

Phase one: Complete (pretty much). The light brown base paint is done, with three little touch-up spots needed along the baseboard. After completing taping up about 80% of the room, including the door, window, and closet, I decided to just paint one wall. The color isn't all that dark, but I think on all the walls it would have been a little overwhelming. Sad waste of tape, though. Friday night we put Lexi to bed and got to work! The wall was painted in less than an hour, and Wayne did a quick second coat with the roller this morning. The color is perfect, I'm very happy with how it turned out. The next step is to stencil the outlines of the dots on the wall, which most likely will happen tomorrow (Sunday). The last step is hand-painting in those dots. Ah, there's the rub. That last "step" may take me quite a long time. But I'm determined to get it done, and get it done well. 'Slow and steady wins the race' is my motto. I'll just do a little every day until it's done. I bought the paint for the dots today, and seeing it in real life, I'm really excited for how it's going to look in the end. Look forward to pictures of the finished product, hopefully to be posted before the baby comes...

0 comments: