Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Current Phase: Nesting!


I'm totally and completely in the nesting phase right now. Benefits: I have the motivation to actually to some personalization in our home, instead of leaving it a nearly balnk canvas as I usually do. I've always loved the idea of having our home really "Tomlinson-ized", but never really wanted to spend the time and effort to figure out how to do it, so the hormonal need to make things look nice is a great kick in the pants. Downside: We do not have thousands of dollars lying around, and/or a fulltime nanny to take care of Alexis while I research/shop/paint/sew/whatever. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be happy doing what I can do when I can do it. The priorities right now are 1) painting Nameless Baby's room, and 2) sewing blackout curtains for the two little windows in Lexi's room. Today I got the paint for the base color in Nameless Baby's room. Turned out I could buy enough paint to cover every wall for the same price as it would cost to buy enough paint to cover just one accent wall, so I may just do that since I've got enough paint (top color in the picture). Then I'm going to paint a bunch of dots of various sizes on one accent wall, the wall with the crib against it (the other three colors). Wayne and I should be able to put up the base paint some night this week, and I'll do the dots little by little, when I have time. I was going to do them during Lexi's naps, but I can't really count on those anymore... Feel free to ask me how the project is going anytime you see me/talk to me. I really don't want to let my motivation die off before it gets done, but I can see that happening...
EDIT: on my monitor, the second color looks black, it's not. It's a dark brown. All these colors come from the baby's bedding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you are absolutely searching to buy Chanel handbag
, you'll be drooling over the advanced array of styles and colors of Chanel
. One of the chanel watches
is its checky covering design.

Unknown said...

For instance the artist brands ugg boots sandals and Appealing Ballerinas accept succeeded to allure a lot of customers.There are several affidavit because of which the appearance acquainted barter acquirement either the ugg sandals or the Appealing Ballerinas.Style is no agnosticism an important agency that is advised while these uggs are purchased. Both the Appealing Ballerinas and the ugg tall boots sandals accumulate in apperception the agency of appearance while accomplishment and designing their altered varieties of ugg tall . These classic tall are accessible in altered array of design, appearance as able-bodied as blush as a aftereffect of which they can calmly baby to the needs of the appearance acquainted customers.