Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Government Green!


In case anyone out there doesn't know this already, the Senate passed the President's Economic Stimilus plan, which means everybody is getting some cash back from the government. Now I, being a crazy radical hippy Democrat (wink, wink), would have prefered that our tax money stay in the national budget to help under-funded programs, like, I don't know, public schools, but since the bill was passed anyway, I will happily accept any and all checks they want to send my way! Yesterday ksl.com posted a chart of when you should be expecting your big wad of cash.


When I saw this, I felt compelled to make sure all my friends and family got their taxes filed by April 15th so they would get their bonus refund as soon as possible. You see, I LOVE doing my taxes, so every year I get them done just as soon as Wayne's W-2 comes in the mail (after I spend two weeks anxiously checking the mailbox for it), which is usually around the 3-4th week in January. Today Sharon informed me that April 15th is the regular tax due date, so everyone should already know to get their taxes in by then, regardless of this bonus refund. Huh. Seems a shame to wait that long...

If you're wondering how much you'll get, it's up to $600 per individual, plus an extra $300 for each child under 18 living in your home. Now, I don't know if that $600 is for every incoming earning/tax paying individual, or just anyone who is breathing. In other words, I don't know if, say, I count. I'm cute and all, but I just don't put a whole lot into the national budget. I guess we'll just have to wait 'til May 9th and see...

0 comments: