Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Goodbye, Phantom Planet


I read yesterday that the band Phantom Planet is breaking up (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0614338/). You probably haven't heard of them, but I'm sure you know their biggest hit (hint: it's the song you're listening to RIGHT NOW). But I remember them from a time long before that famous song. Back in '99, my friend Rachel and I saw the movie Rushmore and fell completely in love with it. We then found out that the star of the movie was the drummer in a band, and that band was Phantom Planet. They were pretty small back then, so it took some research to find a record store that had their cd. When we finally bought it, Rachel and I were head over heels for the band. I remember listening to that cd over and over and over... I don't know, looking back, there wasn't anything all that special to them, but for some reason I really dug their sound. And now that they're ending their run, it's nice to have a little reminder of that small portion of my life. So thanks, boys, for filling my ears for a time.




I am the laziest person there could be, For I only wrote one paragraph. But I asked Jacques what I should put in place of this, he said just leave it (oh, and one more thing)...

0 comments: