Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Eating Ivars. Life is good."


That was the text I sent to Wayne as I sat in the Seatac airport a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I'm lame, and it's taken me two weeks to post about my awesome weekend trip to the hometown. My sister Sam got married in Hawaii in September (as you all know from the posts), and she had a reception in Seattle on Oct 19th. Since Seth is free on an airplane, he came along with me, so Wayne had a little Daddy-Daughter weekend in Utah.

Seattle was awesome! I wish we could have stayed longer, because with the reception being the main event, I didn't get to do a lot of the big "Seattle" things I would have like to, but I just loved being around trees and that northwest vibe. The touristy things will have to happen next trip, whenever that happens, but I was completely satisfied with just being around the cities I love and miss. Here's some shots from the car as we drove, just sort of reminders of what home feels like:


The first day we were there, we went shopping at a cool outdoor mall in the University district. Seth was a super trouper for several hours of walking and shopping, and at the end he enjoyed hanging out with Grandpa, picking up chicks as they walked by (literally. He was a major babe magnet). Here's the cuteness that got him so much attention from the ladies:


While we were there, my parents took me to an student housing building right next to the mall where we lived when I was born. It was really neat to connect to that piece of my past (and to know I was born a stone's throw away from awesome shopping. Score!). Here's the apartment we lived in, and a shot looking up into the trees outside.


As beautiful as the wedding and reception in Hawaii were, the Seattle reception gave them a run for their money. Ok, so there wasn't a breathtaking sunset across the ocean in the backround, but there was a "Mama's for Obama" rally in the park across the street! It was fun to see some old ward friends, the cake was amazing, the music was awesome (especially the live music performed by Sam and Rob's talent friend. I'll find out his myspace page and post it here. He really was great), and it was just overall a great time. Extra thanks to my aunt Cherie who held Seth the entire time. He was a happy clam sleeping on her, despite all the noise. I'll let the picture speak for themselves:


Even though it was short, it was a great trip. Being a single mommy for three days was kind of tough, but it let my try out my Super Mommy tricks. I can now say that I am an expert at sanitarily using a public restroom while carrying a baby in a Baby Bjorn. I also managed to get through security with the baby, twice, with just a little help from a flight attendant behind me in line in Salt Lake. I also managed to get my gear onto the parking van, off the parking van, and over to my parked car all by myself. I'm talking two rolling suitcases, a carseat, a diaperbag, a handbag, a winter coat, and Seth in carrier. That's right, I rock. It was tough, but totally worth it to be able to have such a fun little trip (and bring back a ton of hand-me-down clothes for Lexie). Can't wait to go back. I heart Seattle!

2 comments:

Mindy Sue O'Bryant said...

You trip sounds like it was really fun. You are a super mommy with all that luggage. I also think that Seth is a little chick magnet with all those smiles.

Unknown said...

The lida
stick to the basal theme. lida daidaihua
is absolutely accustomed as it is fabricated from plants no acids. daidaihua
burns our fat naturally. Before affairs lida slimming
, you will accept to argue with your doctor first. slimming capsule
was acclimated by lots of accustomed slimming online writing ashamed in the day. slimming capsules
is based on age-old Chinese formula.