Monday, November 17, 2008

Cryin' It Out

For two nights, Seth has been... SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! Can you tell I'm excited? This kid, while the easiest baby when awake, is the worst sleeper! Recently his 10-20 times getting up a night (seriously!) combines with my chronic insomnia, has pushed me to my limits. As hard as it was, we finally decided to let him 'cry it out' on Saturday night. So he cried. And cried. And cried. It seemed like days, or at the very least hours. In reality it was about 35 minutes. But then he fell asleep! He woke up at 4am that morning and wiggled his way down to the end of the crib. I got up and repositioned him, wrapped him and stuck the bunky in, and he was alseep again within 10-15 minutes, no real crying. Take all that and repeat it for last night, 4am thing and all. Kind of weird, but I'll take it. The whole 'crying' thing sort of sucks, but the whole 'sleeping' thing is WAY worth it.

1 comments:

Samantha Paul said...

I know ít's hard Liz, but you'll be SO happy in a few more days! He's getting to be such a big boy!