Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My personal Hell

I think if I'm really really bad in this life, my afterlife punishment will be to potty-train Lexie for eternity. The kid is definately ready: she pulls off a wet or dirty diaper, knows how to go on the potty, and even has enough control to poop in her bed as mommy-payback for sending her to nap when she wants to keep playing. But Lexie is the kind of girl who wants the easy life, and that does NOT include doing anything herself that someone else could do for her, which apparently includes dealing with her personal waste. We're going hardcore this week, since we've got next to nothing on the calendar and school starts next week, it's our last chance to really get the whole thing going. I put together a Potty Jar, which includes candy and prizes for using the toilet. This works... when she wants it to. Half the time she goes in the potty and happily takes her prize from the jar. The other half she decides it's more fun to tap me on the leg to get my attention and then pee on the floor in front of me, big smile plastered on her face. Sigh... she's going to be a very interesting teenager. This is the middle of day two, and we've already had a several Lexie AND mommy tantrums. Here's to hoping we're doing better by day 5...

3 comments:

Korbie said...

it seems like I have heard ... just don't put cloths on the bottom half .. personally not sure if i could do it :)

Mindy Sue O'Bryant said...

Ugh! I just don't think that potty training is meant to be easy.... but here is hoping that you will be able to do it and that it gets easier.

Unknown said...

If you are absolutely searching to buy Chanel bag
, you'll be drooling over the advanced array of styles and colors of Chanel Wallet
. One of the Chanel handbags
is its checky covering design.