Thursday, February 7, 2008

Trains, Trucks, Bears, and Balls

Why is it so difficult to find baby boy items that are cute without being obnoxious? It seems almost every clothing item and nursery decor set for boys is embellished with ugly "cutesy" bears, balls, trains, trucks, dogs, dinosaurs (the WORST), boats, etc. I don't remember having such a hard time finding cartoon-free items for Lexi. Luckily Nameless Boy will be born in the summer, so it shouldn't be hard to dress him in nice solid colored onsies for a while. But finding good bedding has been an undertaking. I've started shopping around, because I'd really like to get a good deal. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a cool geometric style bedding set that's not designer priced. I guess I just have expensive taste, huh? I did find this set from Walmart that's not too expensive:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5854563

And a few on ebay.

The whole process would probably be a lot easier if I lowered my standards, but quite frankly, I don't want to. So it looks like I'm going to have to get really good at research shopping.

0 comments: