Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sanding Sensations

A few years ago I inheritated an old sewing table that used to belong to Wayne's grandmother. It has the coolest black sewing machine, but the table was a weird medium brown. When I got it, I decided to sand it down and paint it black to match the machine. Fast forward three years, we're moving into our new home, and the table is still brown. So I decided to finally put my money where my mouth is and get the work done. DANG! Sanding is HARD! Lexi "helped" a bit, and Wayne took some pictures during the gruelling process. In the end, after two days I finally got the thing painted, but I ran out of paint before I could do a second coat. So... it's done... sort of. It's still in the garage, but hopefully I'll finish it this weekend. Will I do this sort of project again.... eh.... we'll see. I'll post pics of the finished project. Better be by monday or everyone has permission to mock me profusely.

1 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

I have sanded lots of things and 2 tips: sanding by hand sucks, its definitely worth the $20 investment to buy a sander. Also, they sell this cool primer now so you don't have to sand! So unless you are staining it you can just prime and then paint right over it. Good luck!